Friday, April 27, 2007

VladStudio: Excellent Desktop Wallpaper Resource

I'm a little neurotic about my desktop wallpaper. As a developer, I spend an inordinate amount of time staring at my computer. Granted, I'm rarely looking at a blank desktop but I like to have something tasteful and artistic when I want to access something on my desktop with my Win+D key chord.

One day I was sitting by a business analyst while collaborating on a project and noticed his nice desktop image. He introduced me to VladStudio, a Russian artist who has been pumping out hundreds of beautiful designs. He even has a system tray application called Companion than can change your wallpaper based on a custom schedule or whenever you just decide you need a new look by just double-clicking the system tray icon.

He provides low-resolution images for free that are still gorgeous. But you can get lifetime access to high resolution images for under $30.00 US. The registration is worth it if only to help him to keep creating designs. I registered several months ago, and he has since added widescreen resolutions images that look even better on my big wide Gateway.

The best part is the the images are very tasteful. I never have to worry about walking away from my workstation and returning to find an email from the HR department. Now I have people asking me where I got my nice desktop image. :-)

Submit this story to DotNetKicks

0comments: